Search This Blog

Yardy back in action

Andrew Hodd & Michael Yardy
Michael Yardy, right, has  returned to competitive cricket with Sussex in their Clydesdale Bank 40 match against the Netherlands

Sussex captain and England all-rounder Michael Yardy has today returned to competitive cricket after a month's absence from the game following his early return from the World Cup.
Yardy is leading Sussex against the Netherlands in the Clydesdale Bank 40 fixture at Hove.
Yardy said: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank the supporters, and all those who have sent personal messages, for their support over the last month and to the media for giving me and those close to me the privacy we have needed.
"I now intend to spend some time concentrating on my cricket and would ask that people respect my decision to focus on my performances for Sussex and continue to give me the space I need."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...